Friday, August 31, 2012

How The Hell Did That Happen?


Really? It's already over?

The summer flew by and I hardly realized it was over. A waitress at a restaurant last night said to me when I ordered scrod, "Oh cmon, you can do better than that. It's the last weekend of the summer." Then it hit me. It's Labor Day Weekend already? I guess I have been so focused on Frick going to college and Frack's golf that I didn't even give it a thought.

I didn't really do much this summer, but I stayed close to home; close to the heart.  I'm over the BBQ thing and I'm not feeling a melancholy sense of dread like I usually do at this time. I'm actually looking forward to fall. I've got some great things coming my way.


 Highlights:


  • I'm going up to Maine to attend a birthday party for a dog. Yes, a birthday party for a dog, a great excuse to have a party. It should be a good time. 
  • Frack got his braces off on Wednesday and damn! if my baby boy isn't drop dead handsome! I keep asking him to see his smile, and it's driving him crazy. Too bad, is my response. I paid for them, so I wanna see them. Kid's got a killer smile, and I keep telling him his face is so much brighter! That's the best adjective I can use to describe it. We told him to get a stick, cuz he's gonna be beating the chicks off with it when he goes back to school. He's also playing light's out golf right now. Kid's a stud.
  • Frick is LOVING college and surprisingly, she calls pretty regularly. I'm so proud of her, she is fulfilling her dreams right now and becoming the person she will be for the rest of her life. I miss her like crazy, but I am so excited for her and happy that she is enjoying this wonderful time in her life. I wanna go to college. 

Peace to you and yours for a safe and happy Labor Day. 


7 comments:

Heff said...

What ? NO !!!! Summer CAN'T be over !!!! I've only been in the Cream O' Heff Pool ONCE this season !


Ahhhhhhh !!!!

Scope said...

School starts here on Tuesday, but there's talk of a teacher's strike beginning on the 10th, so summer may drag on here a bit.

The daughter just started with braces. Invisaligns. There were going to be the same as the old school braces, so why not. And we will be able to see the progress.

MarkD60 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MarkD60 said...

I thought scrod was a mythical fish made up by comedians.

SkylersDad said...

I feel the opposite about this summer. It has been our hottest on record, and I am so ready for it to be over!

Congrats to the boy for getting the braces off, I remember I couldn't stop running my tongue over my teeth for weeks!

SkylersDad said...

By the way, you know what they say about Labor Day?
http://tinyurl.com/8cy6d98

Cora said...

I'm so glad to hear she's loving college! *sniff*