Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Money Matters


This is what my kids think I am. A fricken money machine.

I swear, this is all that they see when they look at me. Money, money, money. And here's the thing, THEY BOTH HAVE JOBS! Their best excuse? "Oh, I deposited my paycheck and I left my wallet in my room." Really? How stupid do they think I am?

Here's how stupid. They always say it's for food because if they say it's for food, they know I will give it to them. Usually it's a 5 dollar bill or a ten dollar bill but those $5.00 to $10.00 hits really add up after a while, and the next thing I know, I have not a dollar in my wallet.

So here's a newsflash for them: I'm not a money machine and the good times stop here! Use your own hard earned money, and eat at home before you go out. I don't care how "un-cool" it is to eat at home. If you're so worried about how cool it looks then use your own money.

And another thing, any money I find in the washing machine, including $20.00 bills, will now be going into my pocket. Finders keepers. If you aren't responsible enough to keep track of your cash (or mine for that matter) then I will take back control of said money. Just like the cruel world, there will be no money mercy.

The tribe has spoken...


5 comments:

Heff said...

When my kids says he needs money for food, I fix him a sandwich with whatever left-over meat is in the 'fridge, lol.

Heff said...

um...."kid"...I only have ONE kid. Um....yeah....

Dr Zibbs said...

I just told my fifteen year old that I'm not paying for tanning, eyebrow plucking and all of the other BS until she makes an attempt to get some babysitting jobs.

And then I'm STILL not paying for that stuff.

Scope said...

And, once again, I am so thankful for my daughter. She doesn't ever want to go any where, so she rarely asks for money.

the walking man said...

Oh gee. Our Candace is really turning into the mother of teenagers, OH HELL YES keep us up to date. This is where the fun of having kids ends and the battle of wits begins.

A small hint for you all, I had 3 at once-let them win one out of ten and they will think they are getting over on you. Ha ha hah they really don't have the experience to recognize the 9 they lost already.