Betcha didn't know that today is a holiday here in the great state of Massachusetts. It's called Patriots Day and I love it because:
- From Wiki: "Patriots' Day (sometimes incorrectly punctuated Patriot's Day or Patriots Day) is a civic holiday commemorating the anniversary of the Battles of Lexington and Concord, the first battles of the American Revolutionary War.""Since 1969, the holiday has been observed on the third Monday in April, providing a three-day long weekend."
- My store is closed. YIPEE! Day off!!
- No school!! YIPEE! Day off!!!
- It's the 114th running of The Boston Marathon.
- The weather is beautiful. (after a rainy weekend)
- The Sox play a matinee at home. (here's hoping they win the last one of 4 with Tampa, foiling any sweep chances)
- It's a great excuse to go into the city and have a few drinks with friends on a beautiful day.
- It gives me a great excuse to post a picture of My Tommy. Any day for that is a great day!
You all enjoy your day also, and us "Mass-hole's" will be thinking of you all while hoisting a frosty Margarita at lunch, and wearing sunglasses on the outdoor patio of some fabulous Boyston Street eatery, watching the marathon runners jog by, and then joining the thousands of people who also have the day off and have descended upon our fair city.