Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Sadie, Sadie, Married Lady

Ok, so enough already about me. I promise I won't bore you with the details about my fabulous wedding anymore. Really, I wont.....after today?

You want to hear about the honeymoon???
Yeah, I thought so.

Sure, I'll give you some of the deets on the honeymoon, but not the ones you're looking for. Hehehehe....Some things are better left unsaid. (Alright, down boys...)

Anyway, Cabo was HEAVEN and rather than tell you I'll show you.


This is the SPECTACULAR Las Ventanas Resort in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico. I have to tell you, it was the nicest resort I have ever been to. (and I've been to a lot of nice resorts) Believe it or not the pics do not do the minimalistic beauty of this place justice.




This is the view from our outdoor terrace. I took a nap on that couch one afternoon. What you can't see is to the left of this picture, just on the other side of the sofa, the "just small and cozy enough for 2", jacuzzi.















This is the view of the resort from our roof top terrace, one of two terraces that we had with our suite. SICK huh? When we got to our suite, they had Harry Connick Jr crooning on the stereo system, serenading us. Later that evening they served us a private, candle light dinner on the roof top deck.



Sorry for the blurry shot. As beautiful as this dinner upon our arrival was, it was pitch black up there, so they gave us mini flash lights so we could read the menus.





This is the bed in our suite and after we enjoyed our dinner up above, we came down to see it looking like this:


They had aromatherapy candles burning and had drawn us a bath with rose petals.

You getting this?


There was not one request the staff did not cater to and it was always "a pleasure" as they tell you. We had our own butler, who was waiting for us every day to take us to whatever scheduled activity we had, or to bring us whatever we needed. This was heaven to me considering I am the butler to everyone else at home.





We played golf twice and I played quite well, considering I did not play at all this summer. Especially after 9 holes, when I did a complimentary shot of tequila! These people love their tequila and I can see why. Smooth stuff.

Anyway, Las Ventanas is the playground to the stars. Who did we meet there??



That' Ryan Seacrest and his beautiful girlfriend Julianne Hough. They were there for the Labor Day weekend and were quite friendly. I have to give him credit, they were all over the resort, at the restaurants for dinner, breakfast and lunch. They were at the bars, they were at the pool and he didn't really pull a power "celebrity" play. We even had a nice chat with them both in the gift shop. He's really cute and so is she.


The only time I saw him play the celeb card was during this shot. They were eating lunch at the sea grill by the water and wouldn't you know the paparazzi pulled up on a boat to snap pics. Here they are moving them to the back of another restaurant so they could get away from the blood sucking paparazzi.




While sitting at the pool I also met, Bob Harper the trainer from The Biggest Loser. I didn't know it at the time and I still don't know him because I don't watch the show, but I LOVED him and his partner. We had the nicest conversation. Now in hindsight, I can only imagine what he must have thought of me, in my BIKINI...oh, the horror.
Anyway, the honeymoon was unforgettable, the wedding spectacular and today, life is good. Which is really all one can ask for.



But the real bonus for us was the children. They literally stole the show.





They gave the toast which was written by them one night just before the wedding (it was the most time they ever spent together NOT fighting) which brought. the. house. down. They were articulate, dramatic, funny, and serious. They both told My Guy he was officially their father, which brought a tear to his eye, and everyone else's. Then Frick sang, "Today was a Fairytale" by Taylor Swift with the band and everyone was on their feet.



The speech and the song was the proudest 15 minutes of my life.

So if I ever question whether or not my kids were happy with my decision to marry My Guy, all I have to do is look to this picture for the answer.




That day truly was a Fairytale.

16 comments:

Tuesday Taylor said...

Candy,
Damn, you're adorable! Congrats. I was LOVING reading about the honeymoon, especially your celeb sightings, then you had me in TEARS with the kids!
Love, love, love it! I'm planning my Cabo getaway, STAT!!

Anonymous said...

Yay! Good for you, girl. Such a handsome couple you are! And go-go-go-gorgeous gown.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have some tall studying to do on Cabo.

Now, where is that dang travel guide?...

Jim said...

Did you ask Seacrest about getting another tryout for Frick? Or what sort of tone-deaf people he has running those auditions?

Awesome, awesome fairytale, Candy . . . thanks for sharing it with us.

XO

Verdant Earl said...

Great pictures! Looks like you had a wonderful time. Good for you.

Cora said...

Ohhhhh those honeymoon pictures are lovely, but that last picture with Frick cheering just made me melt into a blob of happy tears.

*sniff*

Congratulations to all of you! :-)

Heff said...

Wait...you had a chance to MURDER SEACREST, AND YOU DIDN'T DO IT !?!?!

sybil law said...

Love, love, love it all!! Thanks for sharing the pictures!!

BeckEye said...

Beautiful pics!

Did you say hi to Fauxhawky McGee for me? :)

Mrs. Hall said...

oh my god!!

i'm all teary here!

oh my goodness!!

AND YOUR KIDS!! WROTE A SPEECH!!

OH GOODNESS!!

I NEED A HANKIE!!

so happy for you!!! SOOOO HAPPY and oh my god . .

your kids wrote speeches.

that makes all those fabulous photos of the resort, which took my breathe away . . .

oh . . I just can't put it into words!

;)

CONGRATS!!!!!

woooo HOOOO!!!

(BTW you and the mister are total hotties! ;)

Mrs. Hall said...

oh my god!!

i'm all teary here!

oh my goodness!!

AND YOUR KIDS!! WROTE A SPEECH!!

OH GOODNESS!!

I NEED A HANKIE!!

so happy for you!!! SOOOO HAPPY and oh my god . .

your kids wrote speeches.

that makes all those fabulous photos of the resort, which took my breathe away . . .

oh . . I just can't put it into words!

;)

CONGRATS!!!!!

woooo HOOOO!!!

(BTW you and the mister are total hotties! ;)

Elenka said...

Wow, thanks for sharing the fantastic photos. You all look GREAT! So glad you had fun. Welcome back.

Scope said...

It looks like you had a grand wedding and a grand honeymoon. Isn't great to find the right one when you're old enough to REALLY appreciate them?

Scott Oglesby said...

Wow Candy your wedding magical and your honeymoon was truly amazing. Your dress was beautiful but your radiant face stole the show in all the pictures. And you do have some fine looking offspring as well!

I love me some Cabo as well! Congratulations again!!!!!!!!!!

The Dental Maven said...

BRAVO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My goodness, you all look fabulous. And may you always be this happy and content. I've never even met you Candy, and I'm so happy for you. Welcome home, and enjoy!!!

Scope said...

Oh, and you look truly stunning. The second most beautiful bride I have ever seen. (Sorry, but no one will ever top the one that stood across from me.)

LegalMist said...

Congratulations! What a beautiful dress, and a beautiful bride... and a beautiful honeymoon resort, too. I've been to Cabo San Lucas a couple of times and it is gorgeous!! So glad you got to enjoy it. Best wishes for a very long and very happy marriage. :)