Monday, March 1, 2010

Today's Special:Ready For Prime Time

*this one's for the ladies. Sorry Fellas.


I'm more than certain, while out shopping for a new foundation, you have come across a foundation primer. Yes? No?

And I'm also more than certain if you did come across one, that you pondered whether or not you needed to add this extra step into your already, jam packed, beauty regimen.
Why?, you probably wondered. Do I really need it?

My answer to that is do we ever really need anything? But I can tell you definitively that if you wear foundation, you really need a good foundation primer. Women wear foundation for two simple reasons: to even out skin tones and for coverage of skin imperfections. Most women apply foundation once a day, in the morning, and hope that their foundation will last for the entire day. By wearing a foundation primer, a woman can almost guarantee that her foundation will look almost as fresh as when she first applied it, all day long.


Guerlain's Meteorites Light Diffusing Perfecting Primer is my first choice for priming excellence. What makes this product so great is that it's easy pump formula is made to smooth out skin, control color imperfections and slightly camouflage blemishes. The small pearl beads you see reflect light and give the skin a luminous glow. And its easy; two pumps smoothed over cleansed skin and you're ready to go. It gives foundation the perfect base to do it's job.


Next up: Smashbox's Photo Finish Primer




Smashbox is quickly becoming a favorite line of mine because of it's product excellence. My mom introduced me to it, as she is the Queen of QVC, and I have to admit being a bit of a snob about it at first and slow to try it.


Boy, was I wrong. So much so, that I am seriously looking into adding the line to my store. Yes, I love it that much.


Photo Finish is no exception. This gel based foundation primer is loaded with antioxidants like green tea and is rich in vitamins A and E. Not only is it good for your skin, but it fills in fine lines and wrinkles and provides a smooth, flawless canvas for your makeup. It can also be purchased in a similar formula with an SPF 15.

I also love Kevyn Aucoin Primer.




I sell this product and the entire Kevyn Aucoin Line at my store. This small, skinny pump bottle packs a serious primer, that is portable, which makes it perfect for travel. If you have the chance, swipe a bit onto the back of your hand and feel how smoothing and supple this product leaves the skin, when applied before foundation.

Bottom line, if you wear foundation, I recommend the one two punch of a primer/foundation combo. For long lasting wearibility, smoothing of fine lines and wrinkles and keeping foundations color true, a primer is your key component.

It will leave you ready for those "close-up" moments.....Mr. Demille.

7 comments:

Jim said...

I'm no expert, but I've always had good luck with Rustoleum primers. If you don't put it on too thick, it always dries very evenly and gives you a good base coat for the finish. The rule of thumb about a couple of thin coats, instead of one thick one, is always good to keep in mind.

XO

SkylersDad said...

Cracks in your foundation can usually be a sign of water damage and possible leakage. Always make sure you have that checked out...

Heff said...

Thanks. Sometimes I use foundation on my weinnie to reduce varicose veins ;)

Candy's daily Dandy said...

I love that the MEN get it!!!! It's literally the same concept.

And Heff, shrinkage of vericose veins anywhere is always a good thing. :)

Chris said...

MAN! You beat me to this, I was going to blog on the exact same topic tomorrow.

Oh, wait, never mind. Tomorrow is the rant on flight delays. My bad.

The Dental Maven said...

See? I had no idea about foundation primer. I gotta get out more...

LYDIA said...

Hey my little Candy Cane! How do you feel about silicone free primer? My go to primer is Smashbox Photo Finish, but I tried the Korres Silicone Free 99% Natural Face Primer. I didn't mind it, I never broke out from it's use and it was pretty moisurizing - but I don't think it had near the staying power of Smashbox or other brand I have tried. I guess that's what you get when you don't have any silicone ....