Wednesday, December 11, 2013

A Boy And His Toys


We all know how little boys love their toys! Especially on Christmas morning, the joy of toys at Christmas is like no other. This post is about another kind of boy, although not little, both share the same excitement when presented with their toys.

I'm talking about My Guy.

He just re-did our garage. Yup, our garage, and you should see his peacock strut whenever he enters into his newly pimped out garage. Now, I'll admit, it looks great! Tools and sports equipment now have a newly designated place of their own, neatly displayed for easy access and even the trash bins look better, with their own space. But he didn't stop there. He added a heating system and painted floors and I swear, the man would add a  great big flat screen if I let him. He's like a kid at Christmas with everything in its place and a place for everything.

It's totally adorable.

Driving the car into the new garage is like a new adventure  too and sometimes I feel like, when the weather is bad and the car is all dirty and wet, like I'm doing something I shouldn't be. We have an extra fridge out there and it's much more pleasant to walk out to a warmer garage to get the milk. I got to thinking, was it really that easy? Was it a tiny change like a newly appointed garage that could make him so happy? All of us a little bit happier? Life a wee bit better?

I guess so.

And with all of that new fangled garage paraphernalia out there, I'm happier because he just made some of my X-Mas shopping a bit easier.



5 comments:

SkylersDad said...

We have a friend who also was our realtor that found our current house. His hobby is sports car racing. His garage on his property is twice the square footage of his house!

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater said...

Nice work. You have to appreciate a man who is handy AND organized.

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater said...

PS: I'm neither.

the walking man said...

What's the matter with a flat screen in the Garage? And a nice chair. You already have the beer cooler.

MarkD60 said...

Thanks for reminding me, I need to clean my tool room...