Wednesday, January 2, 2013

New Year, New You



If it's true that everyone gets to start anew at some point in their lives, today would be the some point.

Kicking off a new year brings with it hope and excitement and the permission to shrug off the regret and the dread of things we can't control. Today is like a new box of Crayola crayons; untouched.

Observations on 2013:


  • I'm older and much wiser. Like it or not this is me and I've decided that me looks good on me. I'm going to rock it. 
  • 13 is NOT an unlucky number. My girl Frick was born on the 13th and she has brought me nothing but joy and luck ever since. 2013 is going to be a great year. 
  • Change is good and necessary. It may not always be easy, but its usually a good bet.
  • Reflection and planning is key to life's successes. Take a moment today to write down 5 things you wish to accomplish or change in 2013. At the end of this year, when you look at them it will be with a much keener sense of self and accomplishment. Who knows? You may not only achieve but surpass those things which you wish for. 

I'll be making my 2013 predictions tomorrow and I'm not quite sure what I will predict yet, but I know I'm looking forward to it. 

Happy New Year and happy new YOU!




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year.

MarkD60 said...

Happy New Year to you too, Candy!
1117 inishwa

the walking man said...

Well Candace you are correct about changing--I am a couple of days older than i was on the first.

Can't wait for your predictions; as for reflections..to hell with it, I have lived my life as i pleased and am pleased enough that i didn't have to kill anyone to live it.

if 13 is cool with you then it's cool with me i am sure it fits in PI somewhere.

Kashmir said...

New year, new day.

While some can't accomplish all of these things, what on this list can you do to make yourself better?