Thursday, January 3, 2013
Cand-nac The Magnificent
OK, so I stole the name from the late great Johnny, so lets hope the spirit of the late, great, Carnac the Magnificent is with me today when I make my predictions for 2013.
Lets start at the top shall we? This is an easy one and I've got a 50-50 shot here, so I'm going with my gut...
1. Kim Kardashian and Kanye West will have a...BOY! Just a hunch here, but I'm thinking boy. I was right about My Tommy and Giselle and baby Vivian Lake, so maybe I'm good at this. I'm thinking Kimmy K isn't showing yet, and her face and body don't look different yet, so I say its a boy. Girls take over like little aliens and change you all up when you are carrying them, and Kim looks like could have held out on the announcement for a while longer. And she's three months along. I'll be keeping a tight watch on her face, if it changes and she starts to look like shit, GIRL. I also predict that Klohe and Lamar will finally get preggers this year too.
2. The US economy will continue its climb upward. Wishful thinking, really. But I am a retailer and I'm watching people spend money (in an affluent community) and I'm thinking that things are looking up. Consumer confidence is creeping back, and I'm hoping that the jobless rate goes creeping down. A bold prediction here, considering that the retail numbers rose at a mere 0.7% for the 2012 Christmas season and was the weakest rise since 2008. I'm still going to predict a better economic climate and the US Stock market to continue to regain it's strength. Today's Dow number is at 13 thousand, just two thousand off it's all time high at 15 thousand back in 2007.
3. NHL Hockey will not have a 2012-2013 season. Greed, greed and more greed will keep the two sides from reaching an agreement by Jan 11th in order for a Jan 19th- 48 game season to be played.. And here's the kicker...NO ONE will care. For us hockey fans out there, we are beyond disgusted by yet another standoff and if they loose the fan's interest, they will loose the sponsors interest and that ever important sponsor dollar. Not to mention the network air time and network dollars. If life goes on much longer without NHL hockey, I fear that the fans will loose interest and the game, already an underdog in the network money game, and will be in danger of never coming back from it. GET IT TOGETHER GUYS!
4. Ben Affleck will win an Oscar for Argo. Since I have yet to see the film, I'm not quite sure if it will be for acting or directing or BOTH, so I'm going to predict at least one more statuette for Ben to bring home for his latest, Argo.
5. I'm not going to do what I did last year and jinx the shit outta my boys, so I'm just going to predict that a certain team from a certain place will make it to New Orleans on Feb 3, 2012, and that same certain team will WIN the big kahuna in all sports. If you know anything about me, you will be able to fill in the blanks here.
That's it blooggers! Lets see how I did in about 363 days from now.