I've always been obsessed with bags. I love all kinds of bags; handbags, totes, backpacks, clutch bags, you name it and I've got it and chances are I own it in almost every color, size shape and fabric. So it should come as no surprise to you that I sell all kinds of bags at The Candy Bar. This being my first few months of selling accessories, I wanted to conduct a survey of sorts to find out the buying habits of women and their bags so I can better buy for The Candy Bar.
Women carry handbags for a plethora of reasons, but nothing is more recognizable as a symbol of style and status than a woman's handbag. There are those like me who get all giddy with pleasure at the sight of a new, gorgeous bag. There are thousands of websites and blogs devoted to everything and anything handbag related. The building above is designed to look like a handbag and it houses the Simone Handbag Museum in Seoul, South Korea. A testament to architecture or fashion? A testament to the love of a woman's constant companion, her handbag.
To my blogger buddies, I ask you to do the following: Ask your wives, girlfriends, friends, significant others the following questions and respond. If you are out there reading this, and you don't have a blogger account, email me your answers. I want to know what women want, think and need when it comes to a handbag purchase.
1. Do you buy designer handbags or are you a bargain handbag shopper?
2. What is the price point you consider to be "expensive"? What is the price point you consider to be "reasonable"?
3. Do you prefer a tote or a more structured handbag?
4. Do fabrics and colors factor in you purchase?
5. Do you buy always handbag for yourself or have you received one as a gift that you liked and used?
6. How many handbags would you say that you have in your closet? Which is your go to bag?
7. If you are going to spend over $500.00 on a bag, will it be a designer with a recognizable logo?
And in case you were wondering, all handbags at The Candy Bar are currently 30-50% off the original price.