Monday, June 6, 2011

Spring Fever



I got it bad.


It's that fever that makes you want to run outside and play in the grass like you were a kid. When the weather is good and the temperatures get hot, the fever is quick to follow. All of a sudden I don't want to go to work, I don't want to cook, I just want to get outside and enjoy the day.


My kids have it too. They are SO done with school. Books and pencils, at this point, been beaten to death and boys and girls and summer fun is all they can concentrate on. But finals are fast approaching.


I can't say I blame them as I myself am having a hard time concentrating. And the experts believe it too. Some say that after a winter of near-hibernation (not really) your body stops producing high levels of melatonin, which govern your sleep-wake cycles. Longer periods of daylight cause the body to produce less melatonin and more serotonin which elevates your mood.


Try explaining that to a bunch of "all done with school" teens. I bet none of you feel much like blogging these days. Not when the beach is calling.


Either way, there's still work to be done and none of us feel like doing it.


We got the fever.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, right now it is so sunny outside my window. I wish I could be in it...but alas....

Candy's daily Dandy said...

Joker-I totally suck today. I just wanna go to the beach....

Anonymous said...

Spring, hell we went straight from winter to summer down here. It's already hovering around 100 every fricking day. Hey, There is a nice vid of the Heff and BamaTrav at play, come by.

Jim said...

. . . and the only prescription, is more cowbell.

Well, think about the other end, when Labor Day is coming . . . another school year starting . . . PTA, teacher appreciation, etc. . . . the holidays . . . then you won't be so anxious for summer to hurry up and get here. It goes by way too fast, so enjoy the fever while it lasts.

And then run up to Essex for some clams :-)

XO

the walking man said...

Today is my go to school and tutor a 4 & 6 year old...please do not send any spring fever this way for two more weeks. Thank you Candace for your consideration in this matter.

Scott Oglesby said...

My daughter only has two half-days left and she’s going ballistic.

I already can’t wait for fall. It’s been in the high nineties with high humidity here for the last three months already. Thanks Gods for the ocean a block away!