Friday, May 27, 2011

Summer Has Arrived!






And it's about freakin' time.

Well, well, well, our good friend summer had decided to make an appearance after it's long hibernation. What will this summer bring us? I hope long glorious days spent enjoying the beauty of the great outdoors.


We here at the Daily Dandy are kicking off the festivities tonight with a BBQ with some friends and their kids. We are rolling old school too. Burgers, hot dogs, some steak tips and chicken. We'll have potato salad and corn on the cob, our good friend Budweiser, Carona (for those with a taste for cervesa) and I got me some Skinny Girl Margarita's.

There is nothing like the smell of the food cooking on the grill to put you in that summer mode. I hope the mosquitoes don't show up, but I will be prepared. Tonight we will christen our lovely fire pit and roast marshmallows and make smores and hopefully someone will come equip with some funny jokes. Joke and liquor are just like peas and carrots.

No room for winter tonight. No siree, it's all summer all weekend long.


BUT WAIT...there is but one lonely remnant of winter poking itself into my summer celebration plans. A reason to still root for winter's last hurrah. Our Boston Bruins will be home tonight to take on the Tampa Bay Lightning with the winner advancing to the Stanley Cup Finals against Vancouver.

We haven't been there since 1990.

Wouldn't it be the icing on the cake tonight to see our boys advance? With some good friends and some good food and booze? It could possibly be a "where where you?" moment and we are set to make history. So if you happen to be a hockey fan watching the game tonight, say a little prayer for the boys in black and gold.

Have a great weekend bloggers! Happy summer kickoff!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

What time shall I be over? Happy Memorial Day. Love ya long time.

Heff said...

Ya don't have to tell ME that summer has arrived.....

"I'm SOAKING IN IT !!"

http://bloggerfriendly.blogspot.com/2011/05/what-to-my-wondering-eyes-should-appear.html

Anonymous said...

Go B's! yeah, that would be a moment. I wish I was there. I miss New England.

Anonymous said...

Oh, forgot one thing, your "B's" are gonna go down tonight. :P

sybil law said...

Go, Bruins!!!

the walking man said...

The Old Lady (resident sports fan) is pulling for bean Town too. Go Bears or whatever they're called.

Scott Oglesby said...

Well I guess that congratulations are in order. I was really hoping the Lightning would take that last game but it wasn’t to be.

Summer has been here hardcore since March. Ugh!

Anonymous said...

Good for your B's. I will be pulling for THEM now. Haha

W.C.Camp said...

Yes the sun is out but so is our HUMIDITY. Still worth it though to get away from snow, ice, and the COOOOOLLLLLD! W.C.C.