Thursday, January 7, 2010

If I Had A Nickel For Every Time....Mimi And Me





I'm not really one to publish photos of myself on this blog. I think I may have done it once or twice, when I had you all help me decide which pictures to give my mom as a birthday gift and then they were pictures of me and my family. Then I did it once in the wee beginnings of The Daily Dandy, and I was making a face. The only picture of me the blog world has seen on a consistent basis has been my profile picture, which is also my avatar. Even that photo is a photo I took of a photo with my camera so it is no the best quality. BUT somehow, by reading my words and looking at my blurry picture, you all get your own idea about what I look like. Right??



Well, if I had a nickel.....the world seems to think I look like her.



Mimi? Diva? Are you kidding me???


Yet, I get this ALL. THE. TIME.


It's certainly not who I would choose to look like, but at most I get to play the celebrity look alike game with some conviction and I have to admit, that I have seen videos and photos of her that have actually given me the "OMG she looks like me" creeps.
So I'm going to go against my own moratorium on pictures of myself and post Mimi and I side by side and let's get a definitive answer from the bloggersphere and put an end to this crap once and for all.


Look alikes?

22 comments:

RW said...

Maybe. Except the one on the left is kinda skanky.

Scott Oglesby said...

I’d say there is a definite resemblance, but either way….you’re both banging like the fourth of July! You are even hotter though because you’re real!

Andy - Instafather said...

I can see it, as a "Well, it's somewhat of the same look," and not a "long-lost sisters" thing.

Hopefully, you don't dress like her ... or you'll get arrested.

Who's your alternate personality, if hers is Mimi?

will said...

Mariah who?

Ya know, there's money in celeb look alike commercials.

colleen said...

She looks like she is holding an imaginary drink that made her drunk at an award show this week.

You do look like her but in a more down to earth way. She could learn something from you.

Mrs. Hall said...

whoa. doppelgangers indeed!

now, do you wear the super tight mini dresses and have your man carry your little dog around too?

;)

SkylersDad said...

There is a bit of a resemblance, but I'll bet you walk better in a dress.

Did you see that train wreck at the peoples choice awards?

Captain Dumbass said...

Definite resemblance there, and that's not a bad thing.

Jim said...

Hey, it beats having people say:

"You look like Dan, from 'Roseanne' (John Goodman) . . . only more handsome, of course."

Yeah. Of course.

;-)

Anonymous said...

Now that you mention it. YES! You DO look like Mimi. I get a lot of 'you look like Robert Downey, Jr.' Okay, maybe.

Claudine said...

There really is some resemblance!

Anonymous said...

You know I kind of see it, but only if I squint really hard. Plus your boobs appear to be under control and you're not dressed like a 14 year old street hooker, therefore, I'm not seeing it REALLY...

katrocket said...

You share similar features, but you're the real superstar, Candy. Being nice, funny, cool, real, awesome mom, etc. beats out Diva every time.

I know how tedious it can be, though. Looking like Megan Fox is hard for me, too. ;)

cfoxes33 said...

I think you could be cousins or something...

P said...

I see it. The eyes and the smile and the shape of your face - definite likeness! She's not bad looking though so I would certainly take it as a compliment!

BeckEye said...

But you don't always thrust your boobs out and turn to the left. You know she only lets photographers get her from that same angle, right?

Scope said...

I don't really see the resemblence, but maybe I'll just keep looking and looking and looking and looking.

the walking man said...

The chick on the right has no artificiality in her eyes. The one in the dress, whoever she is, looks like she has herself image airbrushed on for a good camera shot. *shrug* worlds of difference betwixt the two

The Dental Maven said...

Nope. You're way better looking.

Furtheron said...

I can see a bit of a resemblance but she has that "false star" look... you look like a real person.. if you get what I mean... and that is supposed to be a compliment. :-)

Cora said...

Y'know, I do see it. More in the profile pic than in the family pics, but, yeah, the similarity is there!

As for me, I've been told I look like Julia Louis-Dreyfus (I get that one A LOT), Hilary Swank (I think it's the smile), and Sarah Jessica Parker.

I was okay with all of that until I found out Maxim voted SJP the World's Ugliset Woman or something like that.

Then I was displeased.

Really, Maxim? Uglier than Camilla Parker Bowles???? Are you sure????

Bastards.

Maxim, I hate you!!!!

wallycrawler said...

I'd rather bang you!

Your like mega hawt!!!