Monday, August 19, 2013

Burger Bonanza




Ever have a juicy, delectable burger that you find yourself craving the next day?  I have found the ultimate burger that has been my go-to BBQ staple this summer. I served it recently to some friends who said, "best burger ever!" and that's not the first time I have served them. 

The story goes like this:
My mom and dad were at a Lowes dept store, picking up some home improvement stuff. My dad was perusing the magazines at the checkout line and he found this recipe. On the way home they decided 
to buy the ingredients and try them. The next day mom was on the phone raving about these burgers. About a week later, my dad copied the recipe and gave it to me, without me even asking. Since they were so highly recommended, I made them later that week and they did not disappoint. 

Just in time for the labor day BBQ, I present you with the best burger recipe EVER!
You can thank me later...

Beef Burgers with Blue Cheese and Caramelized Onions

You will need:
2 Tbs. unsalted butter
2 Medium yellow onions, chopped about 2 cups
1 1/2  Lb. ground beef (preferably 85% Lean)
1 Tbs. chopped fresh Tarragon
1 Tbs. Dijon mustard
1 Tbs. Worcestershire sauce (preferably Lea & Perrins)
4 oz. blue cheese crumbled (about 1cup)
4 Brioche or challah rolls, split

Heat a gas grill to medium high or prepare a medium-hot charcoal fire.

Melt the butter in a 12 inch skillet over medium low heat. Add the onions and cook, stirring often, until golden and soft; about 20 minutes; reduce the heat to low if the onions begin to brown too quickly. 

Meanwhile in a large bowl, thoroughly mix the beef, tarragon, mustard, and Worcestershire sauce with your hands. Form the mixture into four 1/2 inch thick patties.

Oil the grill grate. grill the burgers, covered, for 3 minutes. flip the burgers and top with the cheese. Cover and continue to cook until an instant-read thermometer inserted into a burger registers 130 degrees F for medium rare; about 4 minutes more or 145 degrees F for medium, about 6 minutes more. 

When the burgers are nearly done, toast the rolls cut side down on the grill until browned and heated through, 1 to 2 minutes. Serve the burgers in the rolls, topped with the caramelized onions.



http://www.finecooking.com/recipes/beef-burgers-with-blue-cheese-caramelized-onions.aspx

4 comments:

Scope said...

While I would love this, sadly there are ingredients on the "NO" list for the other members of the household. :-(

Blue cheese and caramelized onions sounds like an interesting combination that I may have to try regardless.

MarkD60 said...

That looks like a good burger. I hate the ones that are so big you can't eat it. Usually when the advert says "best burger ever" it's a giant greasy pigmess.

Candy's daily Dandy said...

not this one..trust me

Anonymous said...

Hello!

My name is Elin and I have read your blog and I really liked your recipes! I work for a website called myTaste.com and I would love for you to join us!

www.mytaste.com is a search engine that collects food blogs. We already have over 3000 blogs and if you join us you will take benefit from the trafic that we are sending to your blog.

Add our widget and hopefully with your recipes your blog will be on the top of the food blogs list!
If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact me at info@mytaste.com

To join myTaste, just go to www.mytaste.com/add-your-food-blog

Best regards, Elin
mytaste.com