Friday, June 1, 2012

This Is Now


I can't believe it's finally here. This is now.

This is that day, when you give birth to your child and you look at her with hope and joy in your eyes, this is one of the days you think of; someday she will graduate.

This is the day I have looked at from a distance maybe a thousand times but never really saw it until today, never really felt it until today.

This is the day she has been looking forward to forever and I reminded her, with a tear in my eye, to stop and take a moment and breathe it all in.

I can't believe I have a child that is graduating. My child, the one I coddled and took care of and wiped her nose and scratched her back and soothed her fears. Today she graduates from me too, and the woman before me is powerful and bright. She will illuminate the world just by being in it.

Today we celebrate her work ethic and her determination to succeed. It's all culminated in the pomp and circumstance of ceremony. I'm so proud to be her mom, today and everyday. She is a gift.

This is the day.
This is now.

6 comments:

Heff said...

Yeah, I can't wait for my kid to get the hell out, either, lol !

SkylersDad said...

Congratulations to your young one!

the walking man said...

Mine are all gone...don't sweat it Candace the ATM of mom and Dad is fully functioning right. This is just moving ahead not away.

Wil said...

Congratulations to the entire Dandy family!

Unknown said...

Congratulations and many continued blessings.

MarkD60 said...

Congrats on your baby's graduation!
I got the warm fuzzies from this post.