It was a whirlwind, but that's exactly how I like it.
- Frick's party was a great time. The kids, the family, the neighbors, even the dogs enjoyed themselves. Buddy was caught more than once stealing someone's plate of food off their table.The weather was great, we had a huge Texas style BBQ and lots of Fred Flintstones, carnivore, meat eating took place. It was a great way to cap off Frick's high school career.
- The Celtics LOST. That sucked big time and was not a great way to cap off the party, but life goes on. I still love those boys! They have a hell of a lot of heart and soul and managed to give us playoff excitement almost every year. The difference I see? You gotta make baskets. Plain and simple and if you are not making clutch baskets in the clutch, you go home early. Go Green.
- I spent the entire day yesterday cleaning my house from top to bottom. I'm afraid to admit this, but I kinda liked it. As much as I dreaded starting the process, once I got going I realized that, Hey, I'm good at this. I went crazy too. I vacuumed, moped, wiped down, broke down tables and boxes. I filled trash bags and tried my best to recycle responsibly and when it was over, it was nice to enjoy the satisfaction of a job well done. But don't get me wrong here: Next time I'm hiring a cleaning crew. Don't judge.
- Fire is good. I love our fire pit. We are beginning to make loads of great memories made out there and I love the fact that Frick and Frack and their friends are coming along to join in. I have learned some new things about my kids and their friends out there, just "conversating".(I made that word up) My parents even sat down with us Saturday night and we had an all out, four alarm, fun, family fire pit. My dad was so comfortable, he even took his shoes off. Good times.
- Change is a coming. I can almost taste it and I'm wondering if it's appetizing or not. Stay tuned.