Monday, June 11, 2012


It was a whirlwind, but that's exactly how I like it.


  • Frick's party was a great time. The kids, the family, the neighbors, even the dogs enjoyed themselves. Buddy was caught more than once stealing someone's plate of food off their table.The weather was great, we had a huge Texas style BBQ and lots of Fred Flintstones, carnivore, meat eating took place. It was a great way to cap off Frick's high school career.

  • The Celtics LOST. That sucked big time and was not a great way to cap off the party, but life goes on. I still love those boys! They have a hell of a lot of heart and soul and managed to give us playoff excitement almost every year. The difference I see? You gotta make baskets. Plain and simple and if you are not making clutch baskets in the clutch, you go home early. Go Green.

  • I spent the entire day yesterday cleaning my house from top to bottom. I'm afraid to admit this, but I kinda liked it. As much as I dreaded starting the process, once I got going I realized that, Hey, I'm good at this. I went crazy too. I vacuumed, moped, wiped down, broke down tables and boxes. I filled trash bags and tried my best to recycle responsibly and when it was over, it was nice to enjoy the satisfaction of a job well done. But don't get me wrong here: Next time I'm hiring a cleaning crew. Don't judge.

  • Fire is good. I love our fire pit. We are beginning to make loads of great memories made out there and I love the fact that Frick and Frack and their friends are coming along to join in. I have learned some new things about my kids and their friends out there, just "conversating".(I made that word up) My parents even sat down with us Saturday night and we had an all out, four alarm, fun, family fire pit. My dad was so comfortable, he even took his shoes off. Good times.

  • Change is a coming. I can almost taste it and I'm wondering if it's appetizing or not. Stay tuned.

6 comments:

SkylersDad said...

I was sorry to see the Celtics go, I have been a fan since I was a little kid. I think that in the end, their legs were gone. They weren't moving as well, and when you are wearing down, the touch goes also.

the walking man said...

PARTAAY! I bet only HEFF and BAMA could have made it a better affair.

Yes change is coming and the cin is still up in the air spinning right now...we'll know what side it lands on soon enough...all I know is this one won't land on the edge forcing a re-flip.

So I guess that it would be useless to ask you to come to my costume party dressed (with functioning props) as a cleaning woman?

Scope said...

Have a great summer!

MarkD60 said...

I want a firepit on our back porch...

Anonymous said...

An "affair" with the words Candy in it, WOULD be one "to remember."

sybil law said...

Sp glad everyone enjoyed the party!

I actually like cleaning for that very reason: it's one of the few things you do where you can immediately see and enjoy the results!

Change, huh?! Hmmm...