Thursday, May 3, 2012

Little Miss Woods, Comma, Elle


She's been preparing for this for what seems like her whole life.

It's opening night and she's about to live a dream, in front of all of us.

She's been working so hard; they all have, and tonight they get to dazzle us with their theatrical prowess. Performing for a sold out crowd, a first time ever for their high school.  For Frick, the role of Elle Woods, is the brass ring on her high school merry go round and the proverbial "cherry" on the musical theater sundae. See? Dreams really do come true when you work hard and you believe in yourself.

I'm watching you grow and reach for those stars I always knew you would land among. I've been waiting for this day to come, but somehow it snuck up on me and caught me a little off-guard. Now that it's finally here, I couldn't be prouder.

 I'm in awe. My baby girl is all. growed. up.

Frick, I wanted to find a quote about opening night that would give you some sort of great inspiration for this evening. Something you would always remember and call to memory in the hundred of other opening night's you will have in your career. But you know your mom.... I think I found one that best puts tonight into perspective.


"The best audience is intelligent, well-educated, and a little drunk.
Alvin Barkley"


Break a leg kiddo.
xoxoxo

9 comments:

the walking man said...

Frick break a pink covered leg.

Heff said...

Congrats, and AGAIN - give Bruiser my love.

SkylersDad said...

Above all, have fun with it Frick!

Anonymous said...

I shall *hic* be there with bells om, om, *hic* on
-Arthur

Slyde said...

awww, congrats to Frick!

shawtastically said...

I'll be there! Can't wait to see Frick in action!

Scope said...

The crowd at my high school play were usually 1 out of 3.

Way to go, Frick. (And mom.)

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater said...

Congrats! : )

What about "a lot of drunk?"

Cora said...

Slay 'em, Frick! And, Mom, you'll be posting a video of it, right? RIGHT?!