Tuesday, June 1, 2010

My Funky Gl-iPod

This is just what my iPod needed, a little funk to get me through my diet funk. Here's hoping it works...

Before I begin, I must begin by saying I hate to say I told you so, but I told you so. Jesse wears evil well, doesn't he? Waiting in the Glee clubs auditorium to funk-ify New Directions by "psyching" them out with a performance of Queens, "Another One Bites the Dust", evil Jesse and Vocal Adrenelaine club throw down more than a challenge. Jesse tells Rachel he was not happy about his treatment by the Glee club and that he is back with Vocal Adrenaline and ready to defeat them at Regional's.

This sends the club into a funk. And that's what this episode is all about; Funky funk.
The Glee club can't seem to shake the funk, so Shue assigns, what else, funk after a date with the devil. No not his date with Sue. The other guy, ex Glee club director and local smack dealer. Was Shue really trying to score some gangia, hooch, smoke, weed??? What he really scores is the key to defeating Vocal Adrenaline. Quinn comes up with a killer rendition of "Man's World" along with 6 or so other unwed pregnant mothers, (is this a club at McKinley? Where are we? Gloucester, MA?) regardless of it's shifty message, this was one of the best of the night. Kudos to Diana Argon for the soulful vocals. Who knew she had it in her?

Puck and Finn seemed to lay down the battle axes for the good of the club and retaliate against Vocal Adrenaline's antics by slashing the tires of the Adrenaline's...get this...Range Rovers! Can I go to school there? Cocherane/Rachel's mom gives them a pass on expulsion if they pay for the damage. They both score jobs at newly divorced Terry Schuester's linen store, and they bring it with not one but TWO funky rap duets!!! Oh happy downloads! And they both looked hot as heck singing them. More of that please! "Loser" was appropriate and awesome within the confines of the store, but "Good Vibration" stole the show. These kids got talent, and with Mercedes' (Amber Riley) vocals to round out the song, it was smokin' funky.

Shue got down and dirty with Sue. Which was hard to watch at times, and truly unbelievable. Although, there might have been some genuine chemistry thrown in there for good measure. "Tell Me Something Good" was a treat for any Matthew Morrison fan. Umm hmm. Shue ask's Sue to a date on (hilarious) HUMP DAY, to which Sue agrees. He stands her up, of course, and Sue in her track suit and pearls (brilliant. who writes this stuff??) lash out at Shue. It's Sue's turn to go into a funk and Shue is the only one who can pull her out of it. She brings home a record 6th National Championship, and brings the trophy to Shue's house with an ultimatum. Kiss her or turn his choir room into Sue's new trophy room. She's obviously back because after that nice hunk of man agrees to tongue kiss her, she slams the door on him and his mediocrity.

Jesse and the Adrenaline's do the meanest thing EVER to our poor suffering Rachel. He calls Rachel to the parking lot, to which she excitedly goes to meet him, and they egg her mercilessly. Jesse, of course, has the last shot, which he crushes on her forehead, but not before telling her he loved her. There's no turning back now. It's on!

The New Directions finish off Adrenaline by funk-ifying them right back with a special, funk-ay group performance of "We Want The Funk"which leaves Adrenaline speechless.

And that's just how it should be. Which sets up the big FINALE next week and the Regionals competition!!!

Here's hoping New Directions wipes the floor up with Adrenaline.

7 comments:

Scope said...

My brain works oddly. I read the words "funk" and "diet" and so "Gl-iPod" became "GI-Pod" as in "gastrointestinal".

I feared I was going to learn far too much information in this post. ;-)

Heff said...

All of a sudden, I FEEL FUNKY, AND THINK I'M ABOUT TO LOSE MY DIET !!

Scott Oglesby said...

When I’m trying to get up that mountain Eminem sometimes helps….not diet but exercise….

I was also ‘reading’ gastro intestinal…lol.

Heff said...

"Trending Now on Yahoo! Homepage" current #1 spot - JANE LYNCH.


I'M IN HELL !!!!!!!!!!!

BeckEye said...

I just scrolled through really quickly to see if you had any pics of Jesse St. James. No luck. I can't read your recap yet because my damn cable was out yesterday so I didn't get to watch the episode yet. As soon as I get home from work, I've got a date with Hulu.

Heff said...

I KNEW IT !!!!

http://www.yourtango.com/201071975/jane-lynch-quietly-weds-girlfriend

BeckEye said...

Hey, you can get a preview of the songs on the Finale here.

I know you don't like him but Groff + Queen = win. I can only hope he's wearing a tight leotard while singing that at regionals. Of course, he looked lovely in that blue jacket from last week.

And yes, the egging was mean, but I could see that he felt bad about it. I STILL LOVE JESSE! :)