Four years ago today I met a great guy. In honor of this great man, I am re-posting this Daily Dandy from October 3, 2008.
The reasons still remain the same.
In honor of tonight's dinner conversation and to see if you do occasionally read my blog, this one's just for you:
Top Ten Reasons Why He's My Guy:
10. He's waaay cute! There are a million more sexy adjectives to describe the way he looks but I will save them for our private discussions.
9. He's a great conversationalist. I am never at a loss for things to talk to him about. And because he loves me he will even engage in girl talk from time to time. Within reason, of course.
8. He gives great advice. I never make a big decision without bouncing it off him first. He is so smart and nine out of ten times he calls it correctly. Which can also be annoying because he's aware that he has a winning percentage. He does the math.
7. He has a Porsche and I drive it more than he does. Enough said.
6. He's a sports fan. A pre-requisite for my guy. Although he hates it when we get into a lively debate about sports and occasionally I end up being right. He also knows I love Tom Brady and he's OK with it. Sort of.
5. He is generous. With his time, his love, his possessions, his wisdom and his life. My children and I are so lucky to have found him.
4. He loves my children unconditionally. Even when they are hard to love, he makes his point firmly while trying to show them that there is a better way. Most of the time they get it, but sometimes they don't and he doesn't give up. He offers them solutions so that they can make better choices.
3. He is tolerant. It hasn't been an easy road and he has been beside me every step of the way and sometimes he has carried me.
2. He has integrity and he is honest. I couldn't ask for a better role model for my children.
And the number one reason Why He's My Guy:
1. The love, friendship, companionship and life he shares with me make me a better woman.
I love you!!