Monday, June 10, 2013

Food Is My Poison


I'm so hot...
Am I sweating? Or is it just that I feel clammy? Either way, I need some water. I'm really thirsty.

Is the room spinning? Sh*t!, is it hot in here or what? I gotta get me a drink of water. But where?
Here in my head there is no relief. I can see the faucet, but I can't get to it. It's too far away. It seems like I'll never get there. How did this happen? My entire world is dry.

Oooh, my head is pounding, so I'll have to pretend I'm drinking water. I see the faucet and I try to turn it on with my mind. Ice cubes...I need it to be cold because my mind is hot. Yes, I can imagine the first refreshing gulps of the clear, crisp water quenching the thirst that surrounds me. There, that's better..

But not really. I'm still hot and my throat is dry. And whoa-I feel, like I'm sailing on a boat, and I don't like it very much. I'm weak and the boat is strong. I might hurl. No, I'm definitely going to hurl, but I can't move. Suddenly my legs are concrete and I'm thinking this can't be good. No this isn't good at all...somebody stop this ride, cuz I gotta get off the boat...and wow! it's hot in here! Did I already say that?

I think my brain is frying up in my skull. Can I just have a little water. Oooh no, the thought of that makes me more nauseous. I'm awake but I can't move. I'm dead weight, but I can feel the small beads of sweat running down the back of my neck. This isn't good. I don't feel good, at all and I know what's next. I gotta get up and get rid of it because it's wreaking havoc with me. Ok, ready? I'm going to do it.

I don't feel any better.

Even the water I just sipped didn't help. In fact, It made me feel worse. I think it's not happy to be joining us today. I think it's leaving too. It's only a matter of time. What the hell did I eat? How did this happen to me? I promise I'll be good if you take away this feeling. I'll do whatever you want, just make me feel normal again. I will feel normal again? Won't I?

I'm so thirsty. and Damn! It's really hot in here.

4 comments:

MarkD60 said...

I think this is what a dog or cat must think when they run out water at home. We have multiple waters around for our pets.

MarkD60 said...

Also, it is how I've been feeling the past few days. Water gives me a stomach ache.

the walking man said...

Kaopectate

Unknown said...

All day I face the barren waste without taste of water…
http://youtu.be/64cm39S9RBM