Wednesday, February 6, 2013

On The Road....Again




So Frack got his drivers license on Sat.

*sigh*

My baby is all growed up now.

*sigh*

Yup,  he thinks hes gone to heaven too. He has a car, (it's the family car, but Frick totally thinks its hers and she reminds him of this all the time) and I hardly see him any more.  The boy is mobile! The first thing he did when he came home was go directly to Dunkin Donuts. 

Alone. 

With an enormous smile on his face. He said It was the best chocolate frosted donut he ever had. I bet it was.

This time we were very cautious about the driving test. Everybody around here pays the driving school to take their kids to the test in the driving school car. But with Frick, I said nooo. I said, "I want to be there with her like my dad was with me." We were rolling old school and we had to borrow a friends car, (in MA a drivers license road test must be in a car with an emergency hand break in between the two front seats) which was a huge error in hind sight. Frick ended up in a strange car, a nervous wreck and failed her first test. We weren't taking any chances with Frack this time. We gladly paid the fee to the driving school.

Anyway, I guess my days of sleeping soundly on a weekends are over and any time they predict snow, like on this Friday, I get a pit in my stomach. The truth is, I'm really proud of my boy. He's growing up so fast and he's becoming a man quicker than I can keep up. He's even taken to dinner conversation about the increasing gas prices.  He likes to complain but Frack has a job but just about the only thing he likes to spend his money on is food.

Welcome to semi-adulthood dude. 

Time marches on and my kids continue to grow and change and in the best way possible. 

It's just a little quicker than I'd like, is all. 


5 comments:

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater said...

Awesome! Buckle up, Frack!

Anonymous said...

He needs a T-shirt that reads, "If You don't like the way I drive, get off the sidewalk!"

Congrats to Frick and may your insurance premiums stay low!

MarkD60 said...

I remember when I was 16 years and two weeks old and got my license!
elivetr 2048

the walking man said...

Wait until they are in their 30's and you and the old man are after thoughts.

Cora said...

Wednesday just started Drivers Ed. *sniffle*