Thursday, December 9, 2010

Time Is On My Side...Sometimes



Lately, I have been feeling like time is NOT on my side, ever. Seems I am constantly rushing. Now I know that any human being in the world with a few school aged kids, a job, dogs and a household to run rushes around too, but for some reason lately, I can't seem to get the timing thing down. I'm always trying to jam in one more thing. Can you relate? "If I just do this one more thing, my life will be complete," and the next thing you know, that one more thing has set you back a good 15 minutes and you realize that your life is not complete. Then there is the stress that accompanies the rushing. Stress is Rushing Around's younger sister and they never go anywhere without each other, wreaking havoc on innocent slow pokes.


Today I decided that I need to take back some of my own time, get my head straight and enjoy a bit of solitude. The mall can wait, the supermarket can go to hell and the Christmas tree will get decorated, eventually. I decided to take three hours for myself today and do whatever makes my psyche happy. Time, if only for a brief three hours, will be on my terms today. So if that means wrapping some Christmas presents, taking a hot tub or reading a book, I'm going to do it for me. Call it a mini re-charge before the big push in the coming few weeks.


The end result will be a better me, a better mom, a better wife and a better sales person, all from just shutting down for a few and taking care of myself. This may just be my New Year's resolution; unplug for however long the need be, to recharge my energy. Tell Stress and Rushing to hit the road, and don't come back. This time it's a mere three hours, just imagine what a trip to Italy will do for my psyche.


Maybe during today's three hour respite, I'll grab a Frommer's travel guide to Italy and start planning.

8 comments:

sybil law said...

I need to be doing shit right this minute but I'm commenting on blogs!
:)

網頁設計 said...

I am honored to wander your blog.

抓姦 said...

I am honored to wander your blog.

偵探社 said...

I am honored to wander your blog.

尋人 said...

I am honored to wander your blog.

討債 said...

you were fantastic!You write very well..

討債 said...

I am honored to wander your blog.

法律諮詢 said...

I am honored to wander your blog.