But the fire is truly delightful.....
It was a smashing Christmas over here at The Dandy, and now we are being bombarded with snow. Already over a foot here in MA and more expected all day. I hope all my blogger buddies had a wonderful and fulfilling holiday. These are my post Christmas observations for the snowy Monday after Christmas.
- My son and I were talking early last week about how much the day after Christmas sucks and how it is the worst day of the year! We both agreed that Dec 26th is depressing and anti-climatic after all the hub bub of the holiday, but I'm thinking that with the holiday falling on a Saturday, the day after being a Sunday, and with the huge snow storm, we are really enjoying this whole time together. We likey. I'm still listening to Christmas music.
- The Pats wrapped up home field advantage through the playoffs with their 13th win yesterday over Buffalo. I'm pumped! Yup. I bought a FAB bright orange Mad Bomber hat to wear to the games so you can all find me in the stands....And My Tommy too.
- No obligatory sucky gifts this year! Both Frick and Frack have almost no returns and I have a mere few. Really just for size, cuz I need a SIZE SMALLER. Whoo hoo!!! But everybody gave great stuff and got great stuff. My favorite: my very own iPad. Yes! And I got Dragon Software. I can't wait to use it.
- I bought my Thespian (not Lesbian) daughter 3 of my favorite musicals on DVD. Funny Girl, with the one and only Ms. Striesand, Take Me Out To The Ball Game, with the wonderful Gene Kelly, and Seven Brides for Seven Brothers. We watched Funny Girl last night and Frick fell in love with Babs. Today is great day for another classic.
- I ate some sugar. Then I ate some more sugar, and did I tell you I ate some sugar? I know, I suck. It's kinda not worth it because I feel like shit afterwards. I think I'm all done with the sugar. I ate a whole bunch of Christmas cheer too. My traditional, hand made by me, ravioli, and some turkey and all the fixings and dessert and did I mention the sugar? Ooooh, I'm feeling a little Pepto pink.
- Bundle up and keep warm today bloggers. We can all use that fab new scarf and fingerless gloves we got from Aunt Susie and Uncle Hank.
- It's back to business as usual.