It sure is the most wonderful time of the year. I keep reminding myself everyday.
Things for the holiday season:
- Buy gift wrap. No kidding, I was all set to get some wrapping done, I went down to the basement to find my extra cache of Christmas wrap, but it was to no avail. "Where could it be?" I wondered aloud. "It was right here on the floor last year." Then it dawned on me. Remember the flood?? Christmas gift wrap: Casualty #6,792 of the flood.
- Make lists. I could not live without Post-it's. Thank you so much 3M for simplifying my life. Also thank you for making them in such pretty, neon colors.
- Drop huge hints that The Book of Basketball, by Bill Simmons, is a GREAT gift for any sports fan on your list.
- Go see "Little Fockers" when it opens on Dec 22. Also set my DVR for tonite on ABC's Primetime. Robin Roberts has an in depth interview with Babara Streisand. I forgot how much I love Babs. Watching the five minute tease of their interview this morning made it easy to see why Barbara is so beloved. There's just something magical about her.
- Make my list. Check it twice. Then be a little naughty :)
- And speaking of naughty, buy the dogs a Christmas gift. They are the true "Little Fockers"..And even if I don't fill their stockings, (which I will) they will squeeze me for it anyway. My little treat-lovin mafia.
- Stop. Drop and breathe.
- Remember that in three weeks from now we will be missing the hustle and bustle with purpose that our lives have right now. Well, maybe not.
- Water the Christmas tree.
- Make my list. Check it twice. Then be a little nice :)
It's not so hard, really.