Tuesday, December 28, 2010

The Queen Of Quandary

I am the Queen of Quandary. Somehow, someway, I usually find myself backed into a difficult situation that I have no idea how to get out of. How did I get myself there? I usually try to make every one happy, which by now I should know, never works and usually ends up in a shi* storm.

I entered into that shi* storm today and here I am trying my best to climb out of it. What do you do when you try to fit a square peg into a round hole?? The quandary here, is that I offered a job to someone, who out of loyalty, squeezed me into their busy schedule. Then, just before the job was about to begin, I found someone who had no schedule constraints. Now what do I do???

I know that the original person was actually squeezing me in out of loyalty, and that the other person is perfect for the job and has no schedule conflicts. Here's where I FAIL as a person and an employer. I don't want to rumple any feathers, yet I don't need both people. Somebody has to go, and I feel terrible.

Long story short, I left it up to both players to figure it out, like a coward would do, and now I have a bigger shi* storm than when I started, and too many people to do a one man job. What the HELL is wrong with me? I've now got to fix this problem I created.

SO bloggers, you think you got the answer? What would you do?

6 comments:

sybil law said...

The person who's perfect for the job with no time constraints gets the job. It seems kind of obvious to me, but I don't have any emotion in it, either.
Loyalty is awesome, but there are ways of talking to them and letting them down easy.

RW said...

^^This up here^^

Slyde said...

if there just doing it out of loyalty, then do they really even WANT the job?

i'd say #2 gets it.

Anonymous said...

Eeek! Well, it seems like you'd be doing both people a favor by picking the 2nd person. Your 1st person is freed from the obligation that they probably don't have the time for anyway, and your 2nd person gets a good fair job.

Good luck!!!

the walking man said...

Long answer short? I'd grow a pair and be the boss.

Candy's daily Dandy said...

This is exactly why I love you Walking Man...