A great game yesterday, doncha think?
A few observations:
- the commercial ads were disappointing. Save for Betty White and the Doritos ads, I was supremely disappointed in the "Clark and Ellen Griswold" commercial when I found out I had to go to sleepaway.com to revisit the Griswold's antics. (I have yet to do it)
- The Who looked a hundred and two, oh yes they do, but they still sound good. They just made me feel REALLY old. (especially when the kids said, "Oh yeah, that's the CSI song." which I think is tragic.)
- First half: *yawn*, and if you were rooting for the Saint's it was frustrating. The second half was worth the price of admission.
- The onside kick, early in the second half: BRILLIANT. The game changer and most definitely set the course for the Big Easy win!
- Peyton Manning lost. Did I mention that this is a good thing?
- The Saint's more than covered the spread, but not on the over. Vegas reports that an overwhelming majority of people bet on Indy (excluding most Saints fans). Vegas must be happy.
- I'm happy for the city of New Orleans. This is most certainly a bright spot in a city that deserves some happiness.
Congrats to The New Orleans Saints on their first NFL Superbowl Championship!