Going away for an extended period is always a great thing. It's when you return from an extended vacation that usually leaves one with that behind the eight ball feeling . Kind of like when the astronauts re-enter the earth's atmosphere after space flight, there are a few days of re-adjustment.
Of course, while this cat was away, the little mice certainly did play and Mr. Murphy's Law decided to throw his two cents in too, but nothing I can't ultimately handle. Thank God.
As we tackle the enormous pile of mail that has stacked up while away, and try to fix all the snafu's that occurred, we do so with a renewed energy and a desire to return to the normal pace of everyday life. Vacation was wonderful, but real life waits for no one.
A quick re-cap:
- Florida was COLD. Plain and simple. Good thing that I brought two pairs of jeans and a scarf, because I ended up wearing them the whole time. I never EVER once, wore shorts.
- Disney, while still the most magical place on earth, somehow seems to have lost it's edge. It's not as clean or amazing as it always has been to me. I also feel like it hasn't changed one little bit since I was there two years ago. The parks were crowded, but the staff seemed overwhelmed and not able to handle the crowds. A sure sign that even The Mouse has fallen victim of bad economic times.
- Something exciting happened while at Disney, which I will share with you tomorrow.
- I thought about Cora's daughter Gwen a lot. Not that I'm creepy, but Disney owns "The Nightmare Before Christmas", and there was paraphernalia from the movie all over the place. Hat's, vests, dolls, pencils, books, etc, and people had their faces painted to look like Jack. Every time I saw someone, I couldn't help think that Gwen would be in hog heaven! Note to Cora and Scope: you need to take her there, if you already haven't.
- Of course, while I was gone, my computer at The Candy Bar pulled a hissy. It was one of those problems that only I can fix and had to be shut down for TWO DAYS. I am STILL working on it as we speak. Technological reinforcements come today.
- My Guy, (bless his little soul) had the carpets cleaned while we were gone as a surprise to me, but Mr. Murphy's Law jumped in and said, "not so fast". Let's just say that new carpets are in my very near future.
- The dogs hardly cared that we were home. It was almost like they hardly noticed we were gone.
All in all, it was a great trip, but being home puts the term "home sweet home" into a new perspective for me.
Do I get a "do over"?