Friday, October 12, 2012

Knee Deep In It




Myra Rhodes, a little old lady living in Great Baddow, Essex, answered a knock on the door one Friday, to be confronted by a well-dressed young man carrying a vacuum cleaner.
'Good morning, Ma'am,' said the young man. 'If I could take a couple minutes of your time, I would like to demonstrate the very latest in high-powered vacuum cleaners.'
'Go away!' said Myra brusquely. 'I'm broke and haven't got any money,' and she proceeded to close the door.
Quick as a flash, the young man wedged his foot in the door and pushed it wide open. 'Don't be too hasty,' he commanded. 'Not until you have at least seen my demonstration.' And with that, he emptied a bucket of horse manure onto her hallway carpet.
'Now, if this vacuum cleaner does not remove all traces of this horse manure from your carpet, Madam, I will personally eat the remainder.'
Myra stepped back and said with a smile, 'Well let me get you a spoon, young man because they cut off my electricity this morning.'


5 comments:

the walking man said...

I have heard some horseshit before but none as funny as that!

Anonymous said...

For a minute there I thought that since he was selling suction that she was going to introduce her breasts to him, or was I selling it and you were introducing yours to me? What friends we would be.

Pearl said...

An oldie but a goodie!!

Pearl

SkylersDad said...

This reminds me of a status from a friend of a friend. They brought home some company to have dinner at their house and the dog had pooped on the hardwood floor while they picked them up. The really bad part was that the Roomba was left running and had created spiraling circles of shit all over the floor!

Cora said...

Don't mess with Myra!