Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Recessional Economics


I know we are in a recession and on the verge of the worst economic climate in decades. I am also fully aware that since I am currently unemployed in said recession, I certainly have no business spending money frivolously. But could you really look at those babies above and blame me for bringing them home and calling them my own?

Since I made the purchase while implementing recession-like strategies, I figure I did a good thing. OK, so they weren't on sale, like the rest of the shoe department was, but are you going to hold that against me? I mean, I didn't buy the other two pairs I wanted that were on sale ALSO. This is a giant step for me.

No, I implored the shopping "love it law", which clearly states: "The final decision on a purchase must hinge on whether or not you "love it". There is to be no grey area here. You either love it or you don't buy it." These were a no brainer.

Cuz, you know, I need them...I need them to wear with my jeans. The multiple pairs of jeans that I have that are too long and need a heel? And I need them to go along with my 6,473 other pairs of shoes that I have in my shoe arsenal. And they are sooo pretty. Just because the economic climate is all gloom and doom, it doesn't mean I have to look the part. Look good, feel good; I always say.

So what if they were more expensive then the two pairs I wanted that were on sale, combined. Again, I didn't buy those too, so I made out better in the big picture. Maybe I am finally growing up and learning to budget my money more effectively. It's possible.

Or maybe I just won't eat for a week to justify this purchase. I could stand to loose a few pounds anyway.

20 comments:

Sassy Britches said...

Don't lose TOO mcuh weight, or your jeans will hang TOO low, and you won't be able to show off the shoes!

kuhkjhkh said...

I don't blame you at all. I want those shoes just looking at them! you did what you had to do... there is no price tag on the way a new pair of sexy shoes make you feel!

Joanie said...

Oh they ARE cute! I haven't worn heels in years and years, and certainly not stilettos. And I'm embarrassed to say I probably only have about a dozen pairs of shoes in my closet.
Not sure if you saw it last night but I have something for you on my blog.

Sass said...

Look at it like this:

If we ALL stopped shopping completely, the economy would be far worse than it already is.

See? You did a public service!

Good for you. ;)

Lisa said...

OMG. where did you get those? I love them too!!!!!

They'll look fantastic with jeans

The Dental Maven said...

I'm with Sass, you should be applauded for your bold decision to right the wrongs in this recession. Way to go girl!

Anonymous said...

What were you wearing when you were in the shoe store? Did you not already own a pair of shoes?

Personally, I'd rather spend the money on food, shelter, stuff like that. But what do I know, I'm a guy. It's not like I've got feet.

Scope said...

Sass is right. You may have kept Al Bundy employed for another day.

Soda and Candy said...

Don't lose weight! You won't have the strength to lift your foot in those heavy wedges!!!

Those shoes are adorable.

My spending strategy with clothes is, if something is a bit too pricey I leave it and if I think about it all night and still want it the next day, then I can buy it. I have literally dreamed about certain items of clothes and HAD to buy them the next day.

Cora said...

You're helping the economy, Candy!! You're a HERO!! And so am I - I bought a video camera. Hee hee hee. Bloggy hi-5!!

:-)

SkylersDad said...

As long as I live, I will never, ever, understand a shoe fetish. I rotate between 3 pair as needed for the conditions.

Anonymous said...

Consider it your own little stimulus package to the local mall. :-)

LYDIA said...

It's all about how you feel - if those shoes make you feel good, then I think it's ok :)

Heff said...

Good Lord. You and Donna are both alike. You measure your cashflow by how many pairs of shoes you can afford to buy, LMAO !

Piece o' Coconut Cake said...

With a capital "L"!

Elenka said...

Wow, I never thought about shopping as a way to diet!!! What a fabulous idea! Spend enough money so you don't have enough for food. It's a win win situation! You're so smart.

Anonymous said...

Sexxxy with a triple x.

John D. said...

I'm just going to start cloaking myself in women's shoes. I simply can't think of a more powerful aphrodisiac.

Fancy Schmancy said...

Obama needs to rethink his stimulus package to include the purchase of shoes and the effect on the economy! Perhaps he should call Michelle in on that one...

Unknown said...

Nice shoes. I can't wear heels because I have the balancing skills of a weeble. I don't fall, but there's lots of wobbles.

On behalf of the economy, thanks.