Wednesday, February 11, 2009
D Is For Dandy
I have been put to task…by myself, yes, but put to task none the less. Sass over at Are You Sassified was playing this alphabet meme yesterday and, in perfect Sass fashion, she made it look fun and easy so I uncharacteristically decided to play along. If you haven’t checked Sass out, please do so, she is one of my favorite bloggers with that certain panache to call it like she sees it. As I’ve said before, I’m not a big fan of meme’s so I’ll try to make this brief and as Sass did before me, if you decide you want to play, leave me a comment and I’ll assign you a letter.
So, it works like this, you are assigned a letter of the alphabet to best illustrate 10 things you love beginning with that letter. Sass gave me D cuz I’m Dandy, or Candy, or whatever, but D is my letter and I’m sticking to it. Since there are no other rules to live by in this game, don’t be surprised if I twist and turn it a bit to my advantage. Why not?? We are the dream makers and the destiny takers, right?
Let the Dandy games begin!
1. Daughters and Sons-I could begin no list of things I love without a mention of the two most important people in my world. My children. My two hands, as I tell them. Without them (my hands and my kids) I couldn’t function. While it is true they love to challenge me at every opportune moment, I wouldn’t have it any other way. I have taught them well and I cherish the beautiful souls they each possess. They are amazing people, each talented and gifted in their own right, and we love each other without question or condition.
2. Dinner’s Out-I am a great cook and I can be found on any given day, around dinner time, camped out in front of my stove, preparing the evening meal. Dining out is a special treat and something I love to do for a change of pace. And the thought of having an expert prepare my meal and serve it to me?! Pinch me honey cuz I think I have died and gone to heaven. I especially love eating foods I wouldn’t normally cook at home like Asian Fusion, Middle Eastern cuisine, Seafood and Thai food. This brings me to-
3. Date Night-There is no better way to say I love you and bond with your honey than a planned date night. I love putting on my sexy stilettos, a fabulous dress, and just the right touch of that perfect perfume to go out for a wonderful evening alone with My Guy. It keeps the home fire burning!
4. Dynamic Duos-Holy Crime Fighters Batman! That’s right. I love me some Batman and Robin. And I’m not talking about George Clooney and Chris O’Donnell. I roll old school when it comes to my Batman. Adam West, Burt Ward and the cast of the original TV series are my favorite. Eartha Kitt as Catwoman, Burgess Meredith as the Penguin and Cesar Romero as the Joker. It just doesn’t get any better than that. It must run in the blood because I’ll never forget, when my daughter was about 3 years old, she caught sight of Batman for the first time on TV and literally stood memorized for a moment. She then said to me, “Who’s that mommy?” I told her, “That’s Batman, honey,” and she replied, eyes wide open, “I like that guy.”
5. Diamonds-I’m sure you saw this one coming, and when it comes to bling I am no different than any other woman. The ice is just so nice and the bigger the stone the better. I am blessed enough to possess a wonderful collection of my own (which used to be bigger, before the robbery. But please don’t get me started on that) and enjoy wearing them, but I am smart enough to realize that in the big scheme of things, they rank very low on the important scale. I still love them though!
6. Dean Martin-I’ve always loved the Rat Packer’s because they represented my parent’s era of their young life. When I met My Guy, he reintroduced me to Dino and I fell in love with his suave sound all over again. As Dean sings, “You’re nobody till somebody loves you.”
7. Dogs-Definitely a dog person. I have 3 too many. Not into cats..at all. Sorry.
8. Dolce and Gabbana-Italian designers. All designers in general, I love designer clothes, handbags, shoes- you name it. I either have it or want it! I am a hopeless slave to fashion. And so is my wallet.
9. Dancing-Dance was my minor in college and I can cut a rug, I tell ya. I love classical ballet the most and I believe that when I am 80 I will still be taking ballet classes, stretching at the barre. Letting loose at a nightclub with friends is also one of my favorite things to do.
10. Daydreaming-I believe in the power of the dream. Without it there is nothing to live for, work for or strive to attain. In a world cluttered with cynicism, I hope that I never loose my ability to dream. It keeps me sane and is part of what makes me who I am.
So there you have it! 10 Dandy’s all about Candy. You wanna play??? C’mon you might learn a thing or two about yourself and have some fun too! Drop me a comment if you’re game and thanks for listening.