Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Happy Birthday Steven Tyler



Scooby dooby dooby doobie birthday shout out to Mr Steven Tyler who turns 65 today...Tyler's just a fraud though, because the real rock star is my son Frack, who turns 17 today! Holy moley when did THAT happen? Damn, that means I'm slinking up beside old and getting cozy.

Frack is getting old too, and handsome?

Every mother thinks her son is handsome, but now that Frack is 17 I can see his handsome and he's gotten manly. He drives now and he takes showers everyday and he got his braces off and he cut his hair! Thank you Jesus, because he was beginning to look like his birthday doppelganger, Mr. Tyler. Since then it's like I see him clearly and for the first time I see the man. It's wild! Like an ah-ha moment in our lives. I knew this day was coming, just not so soon.

A birthday dinner is in order and what's on the menu?

We talked about what kind of cake he wants (strawberry shortcake cake) and we talked about the restaurant he wants to go to (which is really bad, seriously) and I thought about how we would make the night special for him and tolerable for us. Then it hit me..why don't I COOK his favorite dinner??

Cook? Me? Oh yeah, I seem to remember when I used to love to do that. Since I opened the store I haven't had any time for that cooking nonsense, but Frack's birthday, being the National holiday that it is, I want to make it special for him. So his favorite dinner at home it is! Spaghetti and meatballs, mama style because I make the BEST and I'm taking the rest of the day off to cook for my little big birthday man. I'm felling a little scooby dooby doobie myself right now. Happy birthday you two crazy kids.

Oh yeah and Steven? If you're around why don't you stop by for some strawberry shortcake birthday cake and help Frack blow out the candles like a rock star.



4 comments:

Heff said...

Congrats, but HEY - Don't say "BLOW" around Steven Tyler, Mmmkay ?

Scope said...

Happy birthday to Frack! I know the feeling of when you look at the kid and suddenly wonder, when did they grow up?

MarkD60 said...

Bappy Hirthday Frack!

the walking man said...

Ok kid, hope your birthday went well, you are now old enough to not be embarrassed about buying condoms!