Thursday, December 13, 2012

A Holiday Cautionary Tale




I would like to share an experience with you all about drinking and driving this holiday season. 
As you might well know, some of us have been known to have had rare brushes with the authorities on our way home from the odd social session over the years.
A couple of nights ago I was out for a few drinks with some friends and had a few too many beers and some shots.  Knowing full well I may have been slightly over the limit
I did something I've never done before.  I took a bus home.
Sure enough, I passed a DUI checkpoint, but because it was a bus, they just waved it through.  I arrived home safely without incident, which was a real surprise, as I have never driven a bus before and am not sure where I got it! 

4 comments:

MarkD60 said...

Soooo. The moral of this story is, "If you're going to drink and drive, make sure you're driving a bus"? Is that what you're trying to tell us gullible people?
44 musicfw

Anonymous said...

Reminds me of the story of a friend and I at the beach once. We left the bar headed home, plastic cups of rum punch in hand, a truck almost side swiped us twice, he ran up the curb and back onto the road, a cop pulls up beside us and my friend rolls down the window and with both arms hanging out the window, one with drink in hand yells at the cop, "that guys drunk, get him." Cop yells, "What?" My friend, "He's DUI, get that son of a bitch." Cop "I'm on him!!!!" The cop pulled the guy over and my friend realized that I had a drink in hand and that his was hanging out the window.

Heff said...

Good Move, Candy.

Moral of the story - If you're gonna drink and drive, drive something big and heavy enough to destroy anything that might hinder your path.

the walking man said...

I kknow what you're saying there Candace. Drinking and driving check points...mine was a garbage truck though. Like you said just waved me on through. I was sober enough though to park the truck in front of Bama's house though.