Monday, September 17, 2012

The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly



It was one of those weekends.

The Good: I got to see an old friend and help a good one. Seeing people you used to have a great connection and memories with is always a pleasure. It's nice to catch up and commiserate over shared issues and people and laugh about old times. My good friend finally relented, which is a miracle in itself, but she allowed me to help her through a challenge. I can report the outcome was better than expected and facing the challenge may have helped her more that we both know.

The Bad: The hits just keep on coming, but I will not relent. Forward motion is what I will continue and I will not let this battle deter me from my final goal. I've done my due diligence and I'm moving forward with the plan. Battle I will, if the need be, but I will not relent. The strong survive and I've got that on my side. I am confident the outcome will be worth it all.

The Ugly: Oh yeah, it was ugly, and we all know it. Every soldier on that field yesterday and every fan can all agree, that Patriots loss in the home opener was ugly. No two ways about it. Ugly breeds ugly. I couldn't help but feel like this was payback for the Baltimore loss last year in the playoffs on the same play. Now I know what the fan from Baltimore feel like. It doesn't feel good. Yet, every week we keep coming back for more. Go figure.

And in the immortal words of Scarlett O'Hara, "Tomorrow is another day."
I'm holding out hope for today.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If Kim Brady has any balls, that would not have happened. He sux.

the walking man said...

Good is good

Hits happen, hit back

got no opinion on the other *shrug*