Friday, August 12, 2011

Back In Business


It's good to be back. As much as it's good to go, it's also wonderful to be back in business. I always need a day to come back to earth after a vacation of too much drinking, relaxing, eating and fun and today will be no exception. I did some boating, had breakfast on Martha's Vineyard, ate some fried clams and snuck in some much needed beach time. And now it's over and it's time to get back in business.

I want to give a BIG BIRTHDAY blogger shout out to my girl Frack who will turn 17 tomorrow. Where did the time go? I can hardly believe it. Not a baby anymore, but not quite an adult either and already 17. WOW.

How was your week bloggers? Did you miss me? Did you enjoy the summer weather? I certainly missed all of you.

It's back to business over here at The Daily Dandy. Have a great weekend.


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back! I am glad to hear that you had a good time. I try not to take vacations..well, a Vacation here at Arkham is from me moving from my cell, to the general entertainment area...Which is few and far between...

Jim said...

Mmmm, nice to have you back . . . and on the morning after we got your Tommy back :-)

Totally envious of your classic summer New England getaway, with warm days, cool nights, fresh seafood and nice cold North Atlantic water.

Key West was nice, with the naked cowboy moseying down Duval St., and transvestites bantering with my kids, but the water was too warm.

XO

Furtheron said...

welcome back... of course you were missed.. ;-)

Off soon on my hols, but no New England jaunt this year, this year we'll be generally getting wet through climbing hills in the Lake District ;-)

Heff said...

Missed you TERRIBLY.

Nothing EVER goes on in my world if you're not blogging !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IEPp3eV-XQ

sybil law said...

Nice!
And Happy Birthday to your 17 year old! Wow!

the walking man said...

As has been said..Welcome back Candace.

My week well...I had one sone slightly injure himself on his job as pole jumper for a major cable company, another move to Connecticut, and a daughter that got married. I thin that qualifies as one of those i wish I was laying around on the sand eating fried clams weeks.

Happiest of Birthdays to Frack may the day be the first wonderful one of a years worth of wonder filled ones.

Anonymous said...

You vacation a LOT, but, that's what old folks do I guess. :P