Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Buy Me Some Peanuts And An $80 Hot Dog

No kidding. This is what an $80 hot dog looks like.

The Brockton Rox, a Massachusetts based Can-Am league baseball team, broke the Guinness Book World Record on Saturday when they unveiled and sold this $80 dollar hot dog at their ball park. Holy heartburn.

The "K-O Dog", named for the Rox mascot, is a foot long, half pound of beef, smothered in truffle oil, rolled in prochini mushroom dust, sprinkled with white truffle shavings, then topped with creme fraiche, caviar and roe. I bet that $6.00 dog at Fenway isn't looking too ridiculous now, is it?

The promotion is the brain child of Rox executive chef Ben Glanz and the Brockton Rox are attempting to put their team on the map with the record breaking offering. The previous record for the most expensive hot dog was held by Serendipity 3 in New York that sold a hot dog at $69.00.

The team, which may now be known for selling the most expensive hot dog in the world, has another claim to fame. Their minor league players, a group of virtual unknowns, are managed by one of baseball's most infamous. Former Red Sox first baseman, Bill Buckner, who will forever be known as "the ball through he legs guy", is the Rox manager.

Let's hope they have better luck selling the pricey dog and winning games than Buckner had in 1986.




6 comments:

Verdant Earl said...

Creme fraiche, caviar and roe sound delicious. Truffle oil, porchini mushroom dust and white truffle shavings do not. I do not like a fungus.

WV: butspit - that's what would happen if I ate this dog. Butspit.

Anonymous said...

My meat is way longer and tastes better. It's got it's own pork juice. I once put....oh forget it.

Heff said...

I FLUSHED something eerily similar to this just LAST NIGHT, and I'm pretty sure it only cost me a few bucks !

Anonymous said...

Saw this on the News the other day...I will say now what I said then...Holy Shit!

Scope said...

and then someone put ketchup on it.

the walking man said...

My kid is moving to Hartford CT I bet you could sucker him into buying you an $80 hot dog just because he already hates the Yankees. and I wouldn't pay $6 bucks for a Fenway regular dog either.