Have I got your attention?? Yeah, I thought so.
Today I'm talking about Falsies.
But not the kind you think....Sorry Fellas...Peace out, this is your cue to leave if you want to. (but don't say I never gave you anything)
Today I'm taking about these kind of falsies:
False eyelashes. Diamonds and false eyelashes are indeed a girls best friend! Take a look at any celebrity gossip magazine and you will see Hollywood's A-lister's all wearing false eyelashes-and these are not your mother's false eyelashes. The falsies of today are better than ever and easy to apply and use.
Let's start with the basics: ie; the cheap ones.
- Ardell brand or Maybelline. You can find them at any of your local drugstores, Target, Wallgreens or Walmart. Prices range from $3.00-$5.00.
- Mac and Shu Uemura have the best in the business, but I tend to lean towards Mac. There are lots of styles to choose from, each reflecting the users intent and desire. If I were to choose a basic style, I would go with 2 Lash for $12.00. This lash adds length with just the right amount of density and can be trimmed to the users tastes.
Here is where everybody panics! Fear not, false eyelashes are child's play and if you can apply eyeliner to your eyes, you can apply false eyelashes no problem.
- Complete eye make-up. (except for upper lid eyeliner and mascara)
- Curl your eyelashes with an eyelash curler.
- Remove false lash from the box and lay it on your lash line until you feel comfortable with exactly where it is going to go and how it is going to look. You can trim the false lash with a pair of small eyebrow grooming scissors if they are too long.
- Using a q-tip, apply the lash glue, in a thin layer, across the base of lash. Wait 10-15 seconds, until glue becomes tacky, then using tweezers apply them to base of lid. Let lash dry to set for one minute.
- Apply liquid liner over the base of your eyelash and the false eyelash to conceal any exposed glue and for a more dramatic look. Helpful tip: keep your elbow on the top of the surface you are working on. This will aid in creating a smooth line and will keep your hand steady.
- Apply mascara to your new lashes (both the false eyelashes and yours)-although you shouldn't over do it. A light coat is all that's needed to do the trick.
- Lashes are re-usable (keep the container they came in for storage) and should peel off at the evening's end with ease.
So there you have it! I highly recommend you try them.
You think Kim Kardashian has naturally lush, gorgeous, black lashes?? Maybe, but not that lush. No, you can bet she has a personal make-up artist to apply her lashes for photo ops. And so many others!! Everyone is doing it!
So before you decide to shell out tons of money for those expensive eyelash extentions at your local salon, give these a whirl and come back here and tell me how you did!!