Thursday, October 23, 2014

I Can't Believe I'm Saying This


I can't believe I'm saying this but I'm going to say it anyway...

I'm siding with Gisele today. I know..if you read this blog regularly then you know that Gisele Bundchen is not my favorite person for many reasons. The number one reason: she is married to my boyfriend, My Tommy. Beside the fact that she seemingly has "it"all; good looks, big career, tons of money, and the man of my dreams, Gisele has made some missteps when it has come to press lately. She is more often than not lambasted in the press for comments made about everything.

Maybe it's jealousy. I know I don't like her. 90% of the way I feel is honest to goodness jealousy. Hell, shes got it all-or so it seems. I have other reasons too..like My Tommy hasn't won a Super Bowl since he's been with her. In fact, he's lost 2 Super Bowls since he's been with her. But that's a blog for another day. A day when I'm back to not agreeing with her. Today is different.

Her recent hub bub? Gisele has drawn controversy recently over comments made in The Sunday Times Style Magazine. Her crime this time? Comparing motherhood to the instructions given on a plane regarding oxygen masks in the event of an emergency. The haters couldn't wait to pounce on her. I could hardly wait to see what she had said now..

She said, ""It's very important to nourish yourself, take care of yourself," Bundchen told The Sunday Times Style magazine. "You know how they say on the plane that you have to put the oxygen mask on first and then put it on your child? So, I think it is the same, as a mum, to take care of myself."

Ok, I thought. Is that it? 

She then said, ". 'You can feel a bit guilty - you feel guilty if you do and if you don't. But if I put my oxygen mask on first, if I'm feeling fulfilled and present and good about myself, then I'm going to be a much more patient, loving, understanding mother and wife. You have to fill your glass so that everyone can drink from it. That's how I feel.'

And here's where it gets sticky...I agree with her. I can relate to what she's saying because what she's saying is important. Take care of yourself so that you can take care of your family. I get it Gi, I really do and I agree. Go figure. 

There's an old saying that says, "If mama ain't happy ain't nobody happy". And it is true. 

I can't believe I'm saying this but let's lay off Gisele. She's right. It's important to take care of yourself so that you can be the best mother and wife for your family. That may mean many things to many people, but to her it means being a mother is a most important job. 

And I have to agree with her, as much as it pains me to say it. 



2 comments:

MarkD60 said...

Never heard of either one of them.

Anonymous said...

I agree with you and her on this one. You are no good to anyone if there is no gas in the tank. If one wants to be a better person for others, they have to be good to themselves first.