Friday, January 17, 2014

The Super Bowl


I'm soooooo nervous....

But in My Tommy we trust.

Heck, after all the devastating injuries the Patriots have suffered this season, I figure this game is a bonus. But there is something different about this time. So much riding on who wins...Not only does the winner go to the BIG Kahuna, The Super Bowl, but the winner here preserves a legacy. A quarterback legacy.

It's Tommy vs. Peyton and that has been the focus of Sunday's game in Denver. Oh, we've been here lots of times before, but this time it's far more serious. This time the circumstances are different. Both of them are in the December of their careers. Each one has a ton to prove, both to themselves and to the world. Can Peyton win when it counts? Statistics are not on his side Can Tommy lead his depleted team to his 6th, record breaking, Super Bowl? Stats are on Tommy's side-but lately he's not been the closer we have become accustomed to. This time Peyton has home field advantage and a whole new team with a loaded-league leading offense.

What does Tommy have? He's got it all, and he knows how to use it. This guy is one you can never count out. Never. Because when you do, that's when Tommy will make you pay. But is this the team to do it with? With this win, he will go back into the category he belongs in, the "possible greatest to ever play the game" category and I think he deserves it. And that's only with the win on Sunday.

But in My Tommy we trust.

It's just everybody else I worry about.




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am also on edge! Of course I am rooting for my Pats, but still, it's Peyton Manning. That was the quarterback that got thrown away by the Colts because they thought he was used goods right? With an injury no less.

I think it's gonna be an awesome game regardless....

the walking man said...

I thought the Super Bowl was Black Friday?

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater said...

That game sucked. Wasn't even close. I was pulling for Brady because I am a fan. He made some bad throws.

SkylersDad said...

Kudos to New England for a great season.