Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Weight Loss Boss



So I've got a birthday coming up and I'd like to loose a few before then.

I've got some time so a friend recommended this AP called "Loose It" for my smart phone. I down loaded it and was surprised by what is available at my fingertips. This little AP instructs you to input your age, height and weight, your goal weight and them it tells you what your allotted calorie count is for the day. You input the foods you eat by serving size and either scan or search what you eat and it calculates the caloric intake for you. All sounds logical enough.

What I'm finding is that I'm not eating what I normally would, because I know that if I eat it, I gotta add it and I'm not interested in seeing what that little AP has to say about my over-eating. It's like your boss is watching over your shoulder, pointing an accusatory finger every time you put food in your mouth.

AND I LOVE IT!

It's about time I have to answer to someone for what goes into my mouth. It even has an AP for exercise! And it looks like I get an extra 300-400 calories credit if I do it daily.

Now this is something I can wrap my brain around! Brilliant! It has a AP for nearby restaurants, a barcode scanner, brand name foods and recipes for calorie counters! This thing is genius.

But I know my love will be short lived.

I'm sure I'll find a way to forget, lie a bit, cheat, and generally "get around" it somehow, but for right now, it seems to be keeping me on the straight and narrow.

Now if I could only keep my waist on the straight and narrow...

1 comment:

MarkD60 said...

I'd like to lose 25 pounds, I'm gonna check that app.