Friday, January 27, 2012

Chicken Soup For Your Face









Great titles for the American woman.





I just sent an email to my customers about my new, organic skin care line called Patyka. In the email, I admitted my obsession with skin care products. I thank God that I am obsessed with skin care, because when you take good care of your skin, it shows. Right now it is winter and this is the time to utilize those "special care" products to protect and hydrate dry and tapped out complexions.

Just about every day, a customer will come into my store and tell me that they have a million little bottles on their shelves, but really don't know what to do with them. I tell them this is the time to USE them. "Just do it", like Nike says, pick up the bottle and put it on your face. If I had to break it down for you I would categorize skin care into three basic steps:

CLEANSE

TONE

MOISTURIZE

Every day, twice a day. It's really that simple. I hear a lot of women tell me that they are too tired at night to cleanse and tone their faces and I say, "If you're gonna shag your ass into the bathroom and brush your teeth before bed, you should be able to wash and moisturize your face properly." It take 5 minutes and it makes a marked improvement in your skin's appearance.

Your night time skin ritual is like chicken soup for your face and when you skin does most of it's work, so pick up those little bottles of serum, the ones you are not sure about, and use them. The serums are the best thing you can do for your skin. Power packed with anti-oxidants and essential minerals and vitamins, serums can improve skin's overall clarity and texture and can be a boost in the anti-aging process. They fall under the category of SPECIAL CARE and they fall into place right after TONE and just before MOISTURIZE.

There are so few sure things in this world, but I guarantee you, it's a sure thing you will see an improvement in your skin's appearance and quality by making the commitment to skin care. You know you got talked into the product by an enthusiastic sales lady (like me) and probably paid a fortune for it, right? I say USE it and feed you soul by feeding your face and taking care of what God gave you.

They don't call it your "money maker" for nothing.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally agree, all women should practice daily facials, all year.

Heff said...

Women who have sex on a frequent basis have better skin, and tend to live longer, a new report states....

"Facials" are just "icing on the cake" (so to speak) LMAO !!

Candy's daily Dandy said...

Thanks Bama! I agree.

Heff-really??? I like this more scientific side of you!! And I get the icing on the cake reference. I would venture to guess that's probably good for the skin too..

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater said...

Are you saying money maker is the face? I thought it was the ass, like "Shake your money maker."

Oh and word verification: "flabio." That's when Fabio got fat.