Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Selfie Free Zone


Being home ALL DAY LONG has both positives and negatives, as we are all discovering what our new normal looks like. I know this may come as a shock to some of you, so brace yourselves,... 
I haven't worn makeup in about 4 days. 

Normally I wear makeup every day, as it is my business, quite literally, but being at home has given me the freedom to go without makeup and it has been liberating!

Not wearing makeup is something that I am TEMPORARILY enjoying, but this can not be permanent. Not by a long shot. Although I have been sans makeup, I have been really upping my skin care game. I have been deep cleansing my skin, 2x, morning and night and applying face masks and eye gels daily.

This is a great opportunity to try out those skin care products you've been curious about.

  • Good time to do a mud/extracting masque. If you do break out, you can weather the decongestion in the privacy of your own home. 
  • Exfoliating masks, which clear the skins surface of dead skin, are good to do when you are not wearing makeup because it gives those all powerful skin serums and moisturizers the space to do their work without a layer of makeup to contend with. 

All great for the skin but as I said, this makeup ban is temporary. In order to maintain my sanity and sense of normalcy, I need to get up and shower and get dressed every day because looking good goes a long way to feeling good and right now we all need to feel good. 

So I'm going to take my own advice and go shower and put on makeup. 
I've got a very busy day ahead of me of  rigorous hand washing and looking out the window.

5 comments:

Lolcat Lisa said...

I’m putting on makeup every day! Just a little thing that makes me feel “normal.”

Candy's daily Dandy said...

Lolcat Lisa- these days "normal" is everything!

Jessica said...

H!! Really enjoyed this - thanks for writing. xo Your favorite rep - Jess!! :)

the walking man said...

Just as you are in current stasis regarding make up Candace I myself am the same way regarding pants!

Vinayak Darvesh said...

Nice Blog.

Visit our website Home Tutors In Borivali