Thursday, September 12, 2013

Top Five



I've been feeling a little obsessive compulsive lately. With the summer packing it's bags on the way out, fall is knocking on the door. Time for change, in all things seasonal and otherwise. These are my top five can't live withouts....at the moment.

1. Breakfast-I never eat breakfast. I repeat; I never eat breakfast, but lately I've been eating an apple with a spoonful of peanut butter in the morning. And I love it! I actually look forward to my new ritual of an apple and peanut butter. I can report that I have more energy throughout the day, too. Maybe there is some truth to the claim that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Go figure.

2. Maybelline FitMe Stick Foundation- So that a trip to Ulta with Frick could not be considered a total loss for me, I purchased the $6.99 foundation stick because I was curious. Two thumbs way up! This smooth and soft gel stick foundation glides on the skin effortlessly and leaves a gorgeous matte finish. The core of the stick is made of a lightweight, anti-shine powder. Perfect in the t zone for a combination skinned typed woman like me, I have taken to carrying this tiny stick in my purse for afternoon touch ups.

3. Boodie Bars?- The question mark is there for a reason. I bought these organic, healthy looking energy bars at the market on a whim. They were rich, "superfood" organic energy bars with a thick pasty consistency. The sugar content was low so I tried them and I FRICKEN loved them! Now I can't find them, and I'm embarrassed to admit I don't know what they are called. When I went back to the market to get more, they were gone. I had a vague idea of what the packaged looked liked and when I inquired to the manager their whereabouts, I thought he called them Boodie Bars? I also think there may be a Buddah on the package. In any case, I can't find them!! My Internet searches have come up empty and the market manager wasn't sure if they were going to order more. I'm going to make it my mission to find them.

4. Ray Donovan- Showtime's smash series is entering into its final episodes! What am I going to do?? It seems I can't get enough of the sexy, hunky Liev Schreiber and his family from Southie. There are just two episodes left and I can hardly wait. Then it will be over and I will have Ray no more. It will probably be almost a year before the show comes back for season 2 and I hope they can top this season. I guess I will have to fill my Ray Donovan void with Showtime's Homeland. As much as I love Mandy Patankin, let's face it, he's no Leiv Schreiber.

And my Number 5 Top Five favorite of the moment is:
My baby gir Frick- I know, she's off to college and that she has her own life, but I love talking to her at the end of a long day. It's not smothering if I talk to her once a day, is it? We share with each other our daily challenges and offer advice. I think it's a good thing and I'm somewhat surprised she continues to answer the phone rather than text. I'm always happy to chat with my kiddos about life's little mysteries.  As I said, I don't have all the answers, but sometimes they think I do. 

And that's good enough for me.






3 comments:

MarkD60 said...

Try apples with honey.

Scope said...

Or mix some raisins in with the pb.

the walking man said...

Put this in your search engine


nut butter buddha logo


As to the other 4 *shrug* except for 5. Yeah dat be cool.