Thursday, January 6, 2011

Ellen Incarnate

If I get to choose to come back in another life as someone, I'm thinking I'm coming back as Ellen Degeneres. I watch the Ellen show every morning while I pump out my 30 minutes of cardio and I have to say, it's just about the best part of my day. I laugh, I think, I marvel, but the best part of all is when I get to DANCE.


Ellen is amazing. Poised to step right in for Oprah, when she hangs up her talk show, Christian Louboutin shoes, Ellen was smart to end her American Idol judging gig and focus on taking the TV talk show throne as she is clearly the most logical choice. It has already been announced here in Boston that the Ellen show, which airs at 9am will be moved to Oprah's 4pm prime time time slot when the Oprah show goes black sometime later this year. Now all the mothers at home "putting the chicken in the oven" as Oprah says, won't be too disgruntled by the loss of the Oprah show.



Ellen's job is a dream job, as she gets to talk with celebs, feature new talent, play games, do funny segments, and did I mention she gets to dance? And she's dancing and laughing all the way to the bank. I wonder if she ever wakes up and actually pinches herself, because she is living the dream, just by being herself. I know it wasn't an easy road for her to get here, and she stumbled along the way, but despite it all, she has persevered and she is loved by a lot of people. And she's funny as hell. She's got a soft, kind way about her that endears her to the public. Love her or hate her, you gotta give her kudos. Yup, Ellen today is on my short list of people I'd come back as in another life.



And did I mention, I'd get to dance.

10 comments:

sybil law said...

I don't think I'd want to come back as Ellen, but she's pretty freaking awesome!

The Barreness said...

I do love Ellen, particularly for the grace and style with which she came through all of the controversy and (lets be honest) bigotry she faced when she first came out.

She is pure, unadulterated class.

And did I mention she loves to dance?

Oh wait. You did.

I second your reincarnation wishes.

- B x

BeckEye said...

Yeah, I dig Ellen. I'm glad she quit American Idol though.

Joanie said...

I've always enjoyed Ellen DeGeneres. I love her sense of humor.

Chris said...

Hey Candy. Just reminding you that the Blog-Off starts Sunday. Good luck!

Chris said...

Hey Candy. Just reminding you that the Blog-Off starts Sunday. Good luck!

SkylersDad said...

She does seem pretty nice and genuine for somebody that famous.

Anonymous said...

I have to admit, I pumped out my 30 of cardio on something other than Ellen, wait....I meant 30 seconds of cardio...I digress.

Cora said...

I loves me some Ellen too. She is joy and giggles in a blender.

the walking man said...

Don't watch her but I DO like her attitude all over. She even makes the commercials fun.