Random tid-bits From the Desk of Candy:
- Tonite marks the second episode of "Glee" on Fox. I am supercilious excited for this show, which I think combines the perfect ingredients for good fun on TV. Jane Lynch alone is worth the watch, and I got my daughter all pumped up on Glee over the summer. She is now a self-proclaimed "Gleek", who had the awesome opportunity to meet the cast at Hot Topic at the mall for her birthday. That day she got to preview tonite's episode and she informs me that it does not disappoint. I have to keep reminding her not to reveal the plot for tonite's episode, as I am a bit of a"Gleek" myself.
- The sports world in Beantown is all abuzz about the recent Richard Seymour trade to Oakland. Seems since the Pats traded Vrabel and Cassel, and now that Teddy Bruschi just retired, fans are more than a bit concerned over the pending team at Foxboro. Relax people, did we not coin the phrase a few years back, "In Bill we trust"? We have seen worse days in Foxboro, for sure. Let's just hope that Tommy Boy is in fine form and that he has all the weapons needed to prove that he is arguably one of the greatest the game has ever seen. I have faith, love and the season tix to prove it.
- Why is it that the first signs of Fall always show up around the start of school?? Do we not have a few more weeks of summer left here?? This was quite possibly the shortest summer on record in MA. We lost June, due to 28 days of rain, waited for July to heat up and had a week or two of hot weather in August. That's it. DONE. And as my grandmother used to say, "Shut up and like it, capiche??
- I am totally DIGGIN' me some Black Eyed Peas, at the moment. Completely Ferg-alicious, they are the "soul food" of pop right now. Their song, "I've got a feeling" is one that resonates throughout the day with it's optimistic feel good vibe. My favorite part, the some what after-thought "L'chaim", (pronounced phonetically "la-hiem") chanted after "Mazeltov" which is a Jewish salutation which means "to life". Good stuff that keeps a little bounce in your step, and who couldn't use a little extra bounce these days??
- Things are finally starting to take shape and I am SOOO excited. My hard work will hopefully pay off very soon, but we will talk more about that later.
- AND-if you've ever thought that your blog has no power and felt as if someday's it just isn't worth it-here is living proof. When checking my email this morning, I recieved this. In the Re: section was "Turtle Wax Love!" At first glance, I thought it was spam, but thought differently since I had just yesterday wrote on this blog about my experience with Turtle Wax Car Wash.
I opened it to reveal this:
Your blog popped up in my Google Alerts when you mentioned Turtle Wax Car Wash. Glad your experience was good and that the van revealed it's true color!
If you're interested, we'd love to send out a care package for you to help keep the van clean now that you've got it that way.
Shoot me your mailing address and we'll send it out.
Thanks for the Turtle Wax love!
Turtle Wax, Inc.
Now that's a touchdown if I ever saw one!!
To you all today, L'chaim!! and if the Peas come on your radio, whether you like them or not, leave it on and toast to life!